Job Title: Banking Operations Staff
Type: Contract Assignment
Start Date: 10/3/22
Duration: 10/03/2022 to 03/31/2023
Financial Services Industry –Senior Consultant – Evidence-Based Controls Evaluation
Job Description Summary
- Conduct evaluation of the design and performance of internal controls to assess whether the controls and underlying attributes are designed appropriately and operating effectively to mitigate risk.
- Document testing results and report on controls effectiveness.
- Lead the development of client deliverables or for internal business needs.
- Work as part of a large, complex engagement with onshore and offshore team members to conduct controls assessment.
- Produce quality work products with minimal management oversight throughout the project and controls evaluation lifecycle (from control evaluation planning to results documentation).
- Serve as subject matter advisor on projects, including providing recommendations to improve or remediate control deficiencies or reduce risk for our clients.
- Experience with business transformation or change management initiatives because of strategic, regulatory, risk-related, technological, or operational evolutions
- Strong working knowledge of a range of financial services products, and services particular to the applicable industry.
- Direct working experience related to business strategy, product management, regulatory compliance, risk management, controls oversight, technology, or operations related to any of the above industries
- Direct working experience at a financial services regulator (e.g., SEC, FINRA, MSRB, FRB, Office of Comptroller) or industry utility (e.g., NSCC, Options Clearing Corporation)
- Direct working experience using, implementing, or supporting systems related to any of the following topics: trading, operations, core banking platforms, recordkeeping, compliance monitoring, regulatory reporting, risk or case management, or data management
- Direct working experience related to any of the following topics: process design, mapping, or development; workflow development; user acceptance testing; data mapping, management, migration, or visualization/analytics; system configuration and testing; status monitoring and issue resolution
- Microsoft Office proficient (PPT, Excel, Word).
- Financial Services Industry (FSI)/Banking experience; - Bachelor’s degree/equivalent or higher.
- 7-10 years of experience working in the financial services or consulting industry related to one or more of the following Financial Services industries: consumer or corporate banking, investment banking or capital markets, investment management, wealth management, trust company, insurance provider, or related service provider
- Experience in regulatory engagements.
- Experience in consumer engagements.