Job Title: Case Clerk - Paralegal Department
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Palo Alto – working onsite
Reports To: Paralegal Supervisor
- New entry-level opening we have open to all CA offices... Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Palo Alto.
- We are OK with candidates that are looking to go to law school, but we need a minimum of a 2-year commitment.
- Would love someone with some legal experience, but it's not a requirement.
- Looking for someone with stellar admin skills and a professional demeanor.
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university; prior law firm experience or paralegal certificate a plus but not required.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong service orientation, and an understanding of the importance of developing effective working relationships with others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software products.
- Must be available for travel.
- Must be available for overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in document reviews and productions (indexing boxes, bates-labeling, quality checking).
- Perform case file management (including document productions, pleadings and correspondence files, deposition transcripts, and exhibits) by organizing, maintaining, and tracking files to make them easily accessible to attorneys.
- Maintain and update file indexes.
- Retrieve documents (dockets, pleadings) from courts and agencies.
- Assist in the preparation of legal documents (exhibits and filings).
- Prepare and maintain document binders, witness preparation binders, and topic binders.
- Perform database searches (Ringtail, Concordance) to retrieve attorney-requested documents.
- Prepare deposition summaries and conduct searches in deposition transcripts.
- Conduct research utilizing Lexis and Westlaw.
- Assist with cite-checking projects.
- Assist with preparation of trial materials.