Job Title: Client Services Specialist - Front Desk experience
Start Date: ASAP
Location: San Francisco, CA
Client Services Specialist - Conference and Events Department
Reports To: SF Client Services Supervisor
The Client Services Specialist will provide high-quality service to the lawyers, clients, staff, and visitors who require conference center services. This includes all aspects of conference room scheduling using the Event Management Software System (EMS), including reservations, confirmations, meeting set up, coordinating catering services, and regularly monitoring conference room availability. The Client Services Specialist will ensure accurate and timely communication to and from lawyers, clients, staff, visitors, and those departments involved in providing service to the conference center.
- Strong client services background, with emphasis on organization, initiative, and attention to detail.
- Ability to accomplish requirements of the position in a high-volume work environment requiring excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on exceptional interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to listen to issues affecting the conference center and propose solutions.
- Ability to perform moderate document management with a working knowledge of various software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; including but not limited to, creating and editing documents; creating basic spreadsheets; loading existing documents onto laptops for meetings.
- General knowledge of audio-visual systems to allow basic setup for microphones and other technology used to support meetings.
- Must be able to operate and troubleshoot, fax machines, copiers, and other basic office equipment.
- Front desk experience in a professional environment; law firm experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and utilize the EMS reservation system.
- Exhibit a willingness to be flexible and work alternative shifts and share in overtime as necessary to ensure adequate coverage during weekdays, weekends, holidays, and social events.
- Working harmoniously with co-workers, and those departments that provide service to the conference center, including Catering, Office Services, and ITS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism when interacting with lawyers, clients, staff, and visitors who require conference centers and other services.
- Answer, screen, direct, and place telephone calls and direct lawyers, clients, staff, and visitors to appropriate destinations.
- Maintain a hospitality/concierge style level of service in the Conference Center in order to assist with lawyers, staff, clients, and visitor needs.
- Schedule and reschedule meetings and conference rooms including coordinating catering, room set up, and equipment needs with other departments that provide service to the conference center.
- Work closely with conference room requestors to achieve the required core pieces of data necessary for each reservation, and enter the information into EMS.
- Complete knowledge of each conference room, including seating capacity, audiovisual equipment, and functionality to ensure appropriate room reservations for meeting requirements.
- Track, change, and coordinate visitor offices.
- Assist lawyers, clients, staff, and visitors with requests for special arrangements or services, including transportation, restaurant, travel, and lodging.
- Respond to all requests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop excellent working relationships with lawyers, staff, and clients.
- Ensure guest registration is complete for each visitor.
- Maintain workplace security by issuing, checking, and collecting visitor badges. Monitor security alerts and notify Security in the San Francisco office.
- Scan, copy, print, mail, and complete other administrative tasks.
- Operate coffee and Nespresso machines, process orders, and deliver to client meetings or waiting areas.
- Coordinate catering for events occurring in the conference center, including placing orders, setting up, and breaking down of service.
- Schedule Conference Center and Visitor Office cleaning with the office services department.
- Ensure reception, conference rooms, kitchen pantry, and surrounding areas are clean and organized. Replenish meeting, food, and beverage inventories.
- Proactively provide timely feedback to management on any issues that affect client services and the conference center.
- Process invoices, expense reimbursement, time entry, and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Timely and regular attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.