Position Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Cranford, NJ (HYBRID - 3 days in the office/2 days remote per week)
Benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance coverage upon your first day of employment, Life Insurance, 401(K) matching plan, PTO, Volunteer Time Off, Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave, and Wellness Programs
Our client, a leading WBE/DBE engineering firm that specializes in Construction Management, Transportation Engineering and Monitoring services, is seeking a Controller (with 7-10+ years' experience) to join their small - but quickly growing - team. Our client has teamed with and supported well-known Engineering and Construction Management firms and worked on flagship projects in both the public and private sectors. Their diverse team consists of Professional Engineers, Construction Managers, Engineers, and Technicians from varied backgrounds – design, project management and construction. This is an opportunity to work with our client as they expand to meet the demand of this wide range of services and excel in a traditional industry that is ever-changing with the adoption of technology. The Controller position will be responsible for overseeing all financial activities of the company, including financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis.
• Oversee the company's financial reporting process, ensuring timely and accurate reporting of financial results to management, and the CEO.
• Develop and implement financial policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and best practices.
• Manage the company's budgeting and forecasting process, working closely with department heads and the CEO to develop accurate and achievable budgets and forecasts.
• Provide financial analysis and insight to management on financial performance, identifying areas for improvement and making recommendations for cost savings and revenue enhancement.
• Develop and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, including banks, auditors, and other financial institutions.
• Management and oversight of the FAR Overhead Audit process, in accordance with AASHTO Uniform Audit Guide requirements. Coordination with State and Federal agencies in relation to Overhead approval.
• Management of Accounts Receivable and Cash Collections.
• Manage the accounting and finance team, providing leadership, guidance, and support to ensure the team achieves its goals and objectives.
• Uncompromising integrity.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required; CPA or MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 7-10+ years of experience in financial management for Architecture-Engineering-Construction (AEC) firms, with at least 3 years in a Controller role.
• Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and financial reporting requirements.
• Strong knowledge of FAR Overhead Audit, AASHTO Uniform Audit Guide requirements.
• Experience working on PANYNJ, MTA, DOT projects preferred.
• Experience managing accounting and finance teams, including hiring, training, and development.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with the ability to think strategically and creatively to drive business success.
• Proficient in financial software applications, such as Unanet, Excel, and other accounting systems.