Position Type: Contract (Full-Time, 40 hours per week)
Contract Duration: at least 6 months (w/ possibility to go perm after 6 months to 1 year)
Work Schedule: M-F, 11 AM to 7:15 PM EST (normal schedule) / 9 AM to 5 PM EST for first 2 weeks (training schedule; 35 hours per week)
Office Location: Port Washington, NY (REMOTE to start, but plan is to be onsite in the future)
Start Date: ASAP
Pay Rate: $17.50 OR $20 per hour ($20 per hour if bilingual in English and French. If NOT bilingual, $17.50 per hour)
The Customer Service Representative handles calls from new and existing business clients regarding a variety of requests in an efficient and effective manner. The Customer Service Representative uses knowledge of the client's products and services and excellent customer service skills to address issues, provide support, offer information, and place orders to keep customers satisfied and retain business.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers incoming calls and processes orders.
- Resolves customer complaints, troubleshoots issues to determine best path for resolution.
- Correctly documents customer interactions and tracks call types.
- Maintains support service levels and upholds client’s Customer Service standards.
- Owns follow up with customers to resolve inquiries regarding order status, shipping status and stock availability.
- Takes inbound phone calls for up-to 90% of assigned shift.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- 1+ year(s) of experience working in customer service, hospitality or (high-volume) call center environment
- Excellent telephone etiquette, including the ability to communicate with confidence in a clear, professional speaking voice
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated listening and comprehension skills
- A clear team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain composure when dealing with difficult customer situations
- Excellent time management skills – must be able to prioritize tasks efficiently
- Strong PC skills including MS Office; Word and Excel
- Ability to navigate information systems and internet
- Higher education degree
- Previous experience using SAP
- Previous experience in the optical industry, full knowledge of client’s products and a strong command of the industry language
- Bilingual French (strongly preferred)