Job Title: Demand Planner
Reports To: Director, Demand Planning
Work hours: M-F, 8 hours per day (40 hours per week)
Status: Temp to Perm
Contract Duration: 12 months
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Hybrid - 2 days a week onsite (Port Washington, NY office)
Pay Rate: $35 to $45 per hour
The Demand Planner is responsible for contributing to the profit and growth of the North American Wholesale division by managing/creating forecasts for supply planning. The main functions include creating demand plans at the brand/SKU level, performing data analysis, and producing metrics reports that lead to sound and effective decision-making. The function ensures consistent service levels to our customers through developing accurate forecasts, tracking their results, and maintaining efficient inventory levels to cover demand. Liaises with Sales teams, Product, Customer Service, Corporate Planning, and other cross-functional groups to achieve collaboration and consensus and a high level of service level to our customers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Create and maintain brand/sku level demand plans to be used in production/manufacturing planning; Research and review sales trends and demand drivers, perform sku ranking analyses, and create different forecast models to modify to help improve forecast accuracy.
· Provides Director, Inventory Planning & Forecasting with key analysis and direction of forecasts to maximize decision-making ability
· Conducts and provides analysis of key performance indicators (KPI) among product lines and accounts.
· Monitors, identifies and coordinates other internal and external inventory locations to improve supply efficiency and order fill rate.
· Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with sales, marketing and finance to review the business at a Customer/Brand or Channel/brand level
· Manage established as well as develop new reporting metrics for back order, door counts, fill rates, Aging stock, and forecast error to internal/external customers
· Provide ad hoc inputs and analysis to others in the supply chain to maximize effective decision-making.
· Assist in monitoring inventory levels to optimize efficiently
· Bachelor’s degree in the supply chain, business/finance, or a related field
· 3+ years’ experience in a planning role
· Ability to manage/mine data from multiple sources to create forecasts, analyze & prepare statistical reports.
· Ability to think critically and communicate effectively through data
· Expert PC skills especially in MS office (EXCEL, Access, Powerpoint)
· Experience with forecasting in fashion and consumer goods industries
· Prior experience with SAP and planning software (such as DPM, SAP or other planning software)
· Professional certification (APICS or IBF)