We're looking for a Director of Finance, Human Resources, and Operations to join a smaller organization and work closely with other departments to ensure complete and accurate financial reporting. Your analytical, interpersonal, and entrepreneurial skills are all valued. This is a unique position with influence and impact in all areas of the business!
As all of the leadership positions are hands-on and fast-paced, the successful candidate must be agile and prepared for re-prioritization as the current business needs change. The right person for this role should have an entrepreneurial mindset and be excited about being an active part of helping to grow the business. This position will be responsible for overseeing and mentoring the Accounting, Human Resources, and Operations teams, while working closely with other Directors, the COO, the CEO, and external stakeholders for tax planning and execution.
• Produce GAAP compliant financial statements based on the directives set by senior management and investors
• Own all aspects of accounting operations, reviewing all transactions related to the general ledger, revenue, payables & inventory.
• Oversee month-end close. Optimize processes and policies to enable accurate, and timely financial reporting.
• Manage accounting team that processes A/P, vendor communications, PO processing
• Provide technical accounting leadership and guidance on significant and complex accounting matters
• Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Prepare a monthly cash Forecast for management.
• Develop the budget with the management team, working with management to prepare the annual budget
• Work with Directors to review and participate in budgeting process and monthly reviews
• Provide Costs/Benefit Analysis for New Projects or Services
• Prepare variance analysis monthly and work with directors to reforecast and initiative corrective actions
Financial Data Integrity:
• Develop and oversee proper financial controls
• Utilize PEO System to prepare payroll, and onboard/offboard Employees from end to end
• Administer 401K program with support from external parties
• Perform month end close
• Responsible for approval of all outgoing payables on wire/banking systems
• Liaison with the external CPA firm to prepare annual tax filings, and corporate federal & state filings
• Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
• Prepare 1099s at year end
• Investigate improvements to current software systems
• Investigate new software opportunities to improve efficiencies
• Ownership of Finance, HR, and Operations Teams
• Active part of Management Team
• Own reporting process month to month for internal stakeholders (i.e. budget process, monthly reporting process, month end reporting, etc.)
• Provide recommendations for Management teams for process improvements
• Overseeing all HR matters on a case by case basis
• Oversee HR Manager
• Oversee all HR Processes and assist employees as needed
• Assist Management in the onboarding new employees
• Oversee the PEO (payroll service) to ensure benefits are correct
• Oversee 401K, identify, oversee, and evaluate other financial company perks
• Oversee and update Handbook on a yearly basis
• Oversee all Insurance Policies for Employees and Company
• Work closely with Employment Lawyer/Legal
• Natural sense of strong Leadership within the Finance realm
• CPA preferred, strong operational and technical accounting background preferred
• Exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
• Excellent understanding of working with QuickBooks and Excel
• ADP experience preferred
• Experience with HR
• Desire to mentor and grow a Team, and make a difference in the Company’s growth path forward