Job Title: E-Billing Specialist
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Newark, NJ - 100% onsite
Salary: commensurate with experience
As the E-Billing Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting the E-Billing and Rates Manager and E-Billing team with all onboarding and client electronic billing platform changes. In addition to supporting the internal administrative needs of the Billing and Collections teams, this position will also be responsible for coordinating billing requirements for various partners, secretaries, and their clients.
Requirements entail e-billing and billing processes, services, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely entry into the firm’s billing system while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Assist the E-Billing Manager and E-Billing team with all electronic onboarding needs to include, client matter setup and mapping, timekeeper entry and mapping, diversity submission as required, and rate updates/maintenance in the various e-billing platforms utilized by the firm clients.
- Assist the E-billing team with troubleshooting e-billing-related issues.
- Transmit electronic billing (“e-billing”) via Ebilling Hub and various e-billing sites.
- Responsible for recording and maintaining accurate phase, task, and billing codes.
- Assist with bill preparation for more sophisticated e-bills and/or on-demand requirements as available (both manual & electronic)
- Have direct contact with billing partners to resolve e-billing-related issues.
- Reprint posted invoices and provided copies, as necessary
- Produce ad hoc reports as requested.
- Update billing addresses and payer information as needed.
- Submit Appeals and budgets via e-billing sites.
- Maintaining and adding timekeepers to restricted lists in Time Entry software.
- Send weekly reports to the Billing Team for un-submitted invoices and rejected invoices.
- Follow up with Billing Team to ensure the submission of invoices.
- Prepare invoices for the usage of various e-billing sites.
- Coordinate special client billing requests with E-Billing Manager
- Coordinate approval and implementation of special rate arrangements in collaboration with the Pricing and Project Management team and the Billing Compliance team
- Respond in a timely manner to Client Accounting emails and helpline calls.
- Assist with preparing client and/or attorney analyses as needed.
- Research rejected and reduced invoices for resubmission to sites. Sending short-paid invoices to the A/R team for write-offs.
- Maintain client/matter maintenance information in coordination with the Billing Compliance team.
- Work collaboratively with collection coordinators on accounts receivable issues
- Interacts with the Conflicts Department for new matter openings and record maintenance in coordination with the Billing Compliance team.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience working in a professional services environment, law firm billing experience preferred.
- Experience with financial/billing software packages and Finance/Accounting organizational operations. Elite billing system experience preferred.
- Experience with electronic billing transmission on a variety of e-billing platforms, eBillingHub experience preferred.
- Ability to adhere to and apply billing department policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the firm professionally and tactfully.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle a high volume of tasks maintaining attention to detail and prioritizing as necessary.
- Proficiency in MS Office; strong knowledge of Excel required.