Status: Contract Assignment
Duration: ongoing – 12 months min
Role: HR - Benefits and Leave Specialist
Location: Onsite - NYC
• Manage the administration of all company leaves of absence, including federal, state, and local leaves, reasonable accommodation under ADA, personal leave, military leave, etc
• Create and maintain complete and accurate leave files.
• Educate employees on all company benefits programs via email communications, internal marketing, one on one conversations, group presentations, and benefits fairs.
• Conduct and facilitate open enrollment, ensuring all employees can enroll in benefits if eligible and interested; assist with enrollment process when necessary and answer employee questions regarding benefits offered or eligibility; inform employees of changes to benefits plan or structure.
• Assist employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
• Assist with New Hire Orientation and facilitate the benefits portion on an as-needed basis.
• Prepare and maintain OSHA logs and annual reports requested by OSHA and the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
• Track Family Medical Leave (FMLA, state-specific LOA, personal LOA, and Workers Compensation LOA, ADA in conjunction).
• Serve as the primary point of contact for employees and manage leave inquiries, advising employees and managers on the leave process and related policies.
• Coordinate and process the intake of leave requests, sending required notices, forms, and letters, and determining to leave eligibility.
• Ensure compliance of all federal, state, and local leaves.
• Track leave time working with HRIS and Payroll.
• Ensures all payroll transactions related to leaves of absences are accurate. Including compliance with the Earned Time policy.
• Communicate with employees, managers, and human resources professionals to coordinate the return to work process, including accommodation requests and leave expirations.
• Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience required in Benefits and Leaves.
• Benefits experience with a full spectrum of leave and disability benefits programs including experience administering FMLA, worker's compensation, short term disability, long term disability, and ADA and regulatory updates.
• Experience providing administrative support on an array of benefits programs.
• Experience with computer systems required, including web-based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Access.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment while handling multiple tasks.
• Ability to gather and analyze data and generate reports.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, time management skills, research, and organizational skills.
• Experience with ADP.
• Experience working within a non-profit environment.
• Experience working in a union environment.
• General knowledge of OSHA laws preferred.