Job Title: HR Manager – part-time hours!
Type: Contract Assignment
Start Date: ASAP
Location: onsite in NYC
Reports into the Senior Director of the Gallery
Pay Rate: $30/hour
Overview of the role:
- Manages employee relations issues including but not limited to performance, attendance, formal and informal grievances, and workplace environment issues. Advises management in approaches to resolving workplace issues.
Keys to the role:
- someone extremely proactive who can do the day-to-day.
- guide and advise on the needs of the growing staff. i.e. suggesting that we fine-tune someone's job description, or helping reorganize a department,
- identify things we can improve upon while always keeping the gallery's mission and the big picture in mind
- Part-time hours – 20 hours a week.
- Staff management at the gallery and School (our upstate space), as needed
- Manage the recruitment, selection, and onboarding process.
- Develop and manage job descriptions
- Close attention to each staff member's job performance with a proactive approach to constantly fine-tuning
- Attention to issues - everyone is "sick" on Fridays or Mondays, or everyone is coming in late - need to address these types of issues in a productive and effective way
- Develop, fine-tune, and communicate gallery HR policies to staff
- Tracking and managing vacation days, sick days, disability leave, parental leave, extended illness, and all other staff time out needs
- Overseeing calendar including determining and communicating gallery wide holidays
- Oversee all departments with an eye to efficiency and inter-department communication
- Communicate staff needs to Management.
- Conflict resolution among team members - sounding board for employees to air grievances, suggest improvements, etc.
- Help determine and communicate staffing for art fairs
- Partner to address gaps in performance including working with the departments to draft performance improvement plans, verbal/written warnings, and facilitating the necessary communications to drive an effective outcome.
- Maintain employee handbook and oversee policy implementation.
- Manage Compliance matters including pandemic, Workers ‘Compensation, OSHA, NY Paid Leave, harassment, EEOC, Social Security, etc. Ensure legal compliance and provide training/education as necessary.
- Oversee the performance management and annual review process.
- Maintain accurate records across all HR areas.
- Nurture a positive working environment.