Job Title: Immigration Paralegal
Location: New York NY - 100% onsite
A boutique immigration law firm in New York is looking for a paralegal to join its US immigration team. Creative, analytical, and persuasive writers are encouraged to apply, as well as those with paralegal and/or US immigration experience.
Duties include drafting and preparing documents, reviewing supporting documents, collating applications, petitions, and correspondence, researching, liaising with clients and government bodies, updating supervising lawyers, and working with support staff.
- have strong writing and communication skills
- have attention to detail
- work well under pressure
- be a team player
- manage time effectively with the ability to prioritize a varied workload
- have a helpful/flexible demeanor with a team-orientated 'can do' attitude
- be able to organize and complete tasks to a professional standard
- have a business-like professional manner
- show initiative, take responsibility and ownership of tasks, and be proactive
- demonstrate a willingness to assist the team with any tasks outside the job description when required
The following experience is preferred...
- non-immigrant visa petition experiences such as H, L, E, and O
- experience with immigrant petitions and green card applications
- Competitive salary
- 18 days of holiday per calendar year
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401K plan
- Commuter benefits