Job Title: Litigation Legal Assistant
Start Date: ASAP
Location: New York NY
We are looking for full-time legal assistants to provide administrative support to our Firm. Duties typically include but are not limited to, preparing documents, typing, filing, entering timesheets, billing, faxing, copying, scanning, data entry, reception desk relief, and other general office duties, including answering phones and greeting visitors as needed.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must have advanced computer skills (strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications) including knowledge of styles, proofreading and grammar skills, and organizational skills;
- Should have experience with electronic filing of court documents;
- Must have excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate in person, by email, or telephone, with the Firm’s clients and others within and outside the Firm, with tact, diplomacy, and discretion, while at all times maintaining Firm and client confidentiality; and
- Must be organized, possess good leadership skills, and be self-motivated.
In addition to our competitive salary, we offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, HSA, Flexible Spending Plan, 401(k) with an employer match, Profit Sharing Plan, and paid vacation.
- How many openings are there in NYC? One
- Why is the position open? New role due to growth, backfill? growth
- Is this position in the office, remote, or hybrid? 100% back in the office July 12
- How much experience are you looking for? Would a recent grad work if they have strong internship exp? 3 years minimum- have to be a trained Legal Assistant – recent college grad won't work
- Do candidates need to have any specific practice area knowledge/experience? Litigation
- Are there any schools or types of degrees you prefer? Any schools or types of degrees you don’t want to see? No
- What are the typical office hours? 9-5 with an hour for lunch
- How would you describe the culture of the firm? Collegiate, warm, friendly