Job Title: Network Development Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Introduction to Advisory Hybrid Operate Technology Operations.
Our team is client focused and mission driven. You will work with our diverse teams of passionate professionals to help solve for some of today’s toughest technology challenges to enable or clients to achieve business growth and manage risk.
Work you’ll do:
You will support the Hybrid Operate Technology Operations cutting-edge technology that provides innovation solutions.
• Install applications, develop scripts, and perform upgrades
• Provide support for various cyber threat detection and response cutting-edge applications
• Monitor the environments, responding to health alerts for various supporting hardware and software platforms
• Perform triage, analyze, and troubleshoot infrastructure and application incidents to validate and determine needed mitigation
• Escalate infrastructure and application issues, implements countermeasures in response to quickly resolve the issue, and recommends operational improvements
• Maintain technical documentation necessary to make the assigned systems operational and efficient
• Review existing infrastructure, analyze, recommend refinements, improvements and enhancements to ensure the most efficient methods are employed
• Keep accurate incident notes in case management system
• Continuously improve the service by identifying and correcting issues or gaps in knowledge, identifying and recommending new or updated tools
• Perform peer reviews and consultations with other System Operations Engineers
• Communicate with software and hardware vendors to request service regarding malfunctioning products
• Actively seek self-improvement through continuous learning and pursuing advancement
• Provide shift status and metric reporting
• Participate in on-call rotation
• Adhere to internal operational security and other policies
• Perform light project work as assigned
• Bachelor of Science with a concentration in computer science, information systems, information security, math, decision sciences, risk management, engineering (mechanical, electrical, industrial) or other business/technology disciplines or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 3+ years of experience in the IT industry.
• Minimum 3+ years of experience in System Administration experience
• 3+ years of hands-on cloud experience, AWS or Azure preferred, including cross-region deployment
• 3+ years' experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows firmware, servers, and storage
• Experience in Highly available 24x7 Enterprise Operational Environment
• Monitoring daily system performance and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
• Ability to respond to and resolve incident requests
• Understanding of load balancing, TCP/IP, basic networking skills such as IP, DNS, HTTP
• Understanding of common network devices such as routers, switches
• Ability to upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
• Basic knowledge of database related technologies: SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Agent, SSIS
• Basic knowledge of IIS configuration, application pools, web site setup, and troubleshooting
• Basic knowledge in system security architecture and security solutions
• Ability to review application logs
• Ensure that all server hardware, operating systems, software, and procedures aligned with organizational standards and strategic business plan.
• Experience with parsing and scripting languages such as PowerShell, Perl, VBscript, SQL Scripting, etc.
• Hands-on experience supporting and managing secure Web-based environments
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems & general networking concepts as well as virtual technologies
• Understanding of the full software development life cycle: Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and promotion into Production.
• Experience with working with Virtual environments a plus
• Ability to multi-task, nimbleness and highly functional within a team environment
• Must be adaptable to work in a varied, fast paced exciting, ever-changing environment
• Able to work shifts on a rotating basis for 24/7 support of clients• Continuous contribution of best practices documentation and technical notes for internal and external distribution