Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 10/23/2023 (possibility of extension)
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST (40 work hours per week)
Location: Hauppauge, NY 11788 (100% Onsite)
Pay Rate: $16.50 per hour
Overview: Our client in Hauppauge, NY, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of hearing aids, has an urgent opening for an Order Entry Associate. Our client's mission is to provide the absolute best hearing aids and customer services. They offer the most advanced, natural sound on the market. Their products let people connect and communicate easily. Under close supervision of the Supervisor of Order Entry, the Order Entry Associate is responsible for receiving packages from various delivery service companies such as FedEx, UPS, and USPS, as well as, entering and processing all order types.
- Receiving incoming packages from various delivery service companies
- Inputs customer orders and requests into company computer system
- Performs related functions in processing customer orders.
- Reviews the accuracy of all in-house order documents.
- Verifies model and serial number on aid(s) prior to entry.
- Routes specific material to the appropriate location to secure accurate production flow.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure all data entry information is accurate for customer queries such as order cancellations, special requests and rush service.
- Responsible to come to work consistently, on time and as scheduled.
- Performs other duties and participates in other projects as requested.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic data entry skills.
- The ability to competently operate a keyboard.
- Must work effectively with all management levels and staff affiliates.
- Must be able to function in a team environment as well as perform individual tasks.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgement; demonstrates a positive can-do attitude; have effective communication skills with a diverse range of individuals.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, read, and write English.
- Most possess strong organizational skills and pay close attention to detail.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, remove refuse, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee can regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
The above statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the company’s services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).