Type: Contract (W2)
Contract Length: ~10 Months
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM with 1-hour unpaid meal break each day (40 work hours per week)
Location: Nashville, TN (100% onsite)
Pay Range: $27 to $30 per hour
Overview: The SAP Payroll Implementation Specialist will provide expertise on our client's HR/Payroll systems. This position will prepare our client's Payroll Controls department for an implementation project to a new HR/payroll system (SAP SuccessFactors). This person will lead the team in collecting and processing specific, complex payroll and personnel data to present to leadership for further analysis. He/she will identify, select, and apply the most appropriate methods to implement payroll controls as well as interpret all data/processing instructions. This position may specialize in payroll data extraction for special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops and provides payroll controls user system training, procedures, test cases and other documentation.
2. Utilizes tools to analyze, recommend and implement process improvements.
3. Serves as quality control expert for final process of all payroll related tasks ensuring accuracy.
4. Serves as the subject matter expert on complex employee issues with overtime pay or payroll deductions. Provides second level support.
5. Leads and participates in other projects to continually review and improve current processes and internal controls. Recommends and implements process improvements. Demonstrates ability to adapt to changing priorities while multitasking. Ability to work independently and willing to take ownership, research solutions, and complete tasks in a timely manner. Prepare for the new SuccessFactors implementation for rewards programs, benefit plans such as 401k, employee expense reimbursements, annual compensation process, Director pay, and profit sharing.
6. Provides department support for other departments such as HR, Office of General Counsel, Technology, Payroll Taxes, Global Employer Services, Payroll Processing, India Operations, National Benefits Group, Call Center, and Global Mobility.
7. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Technical Skills:
- Advanced SAP skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Education & Experience:
- Associate's Degree (Bachelor’s Degree preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in payroll or human resources.
- Strong analytical skills with previous work with actuaries in processing similar data.
- Large payroll system testing experience desired.