Role: Purchasing Agent
Status: Full Time
Location: New Rochelle, NY
Salary: $75,000-$85,000 per year
Benefits: 401(k), Dental insurance, Health insurance, Vision insurance
NYC Electrical Contractor seeking an experienced full-time purchasing agent.
Knowledge of tools and materials for the electrical trade is a must
- Electrical Purchasing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Must be able to work efficiently with our in-house software programs for pricing and purchasing workflow.
- Computer skills (Preferred)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review field requisition orders and obtain quotations from approved suppliers.
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders for the above.
- Track and update field crew on long-lead item status.
- Be cognizant of minority goals when issuing orders where participation is needed.
- Review and negotiate contracts and terms with suppliers.
- Process daily material orders from field personnel.
- Source and evaluate potential suppliers.
- Act as a liaison between estimating, project management
- Resolve conflicts with suppliers involving "hot list" priorities.
- Maintain tool inventory and maintenance.
- Coordinate supply and delivery of materials and equipment for projects prior to start.
- Work with our expeditor and superintendent to ensure the field has the proper tools and material in a timely manner.