Type: Contract to Hire
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Duration: TBD
Location: Port Washington, NY – Hybrid (2x per week in-office)
Normal Shift Schedule: Monday-Friday, 1st Shift, 40 hours per week
OVERVIEW: Our client, a Fortune 500 company, is currently seeking a Sales Operations Coordinator to join their hardworking team in Port Washington, NY. The Sales Operations Coordinator supports designated Account Managers in driving sales through flawless execution of the order to delivery process, assortment and order management, as well as participating in key customer meetings. In delivering on the above the Sales Operations Coordinator manages external communications with clients and internal communications with internal parties, namely Customer Service, Logistics, Compliance, Planning, Credit, IT, Marketing and Product.
· Manage the complete sales order lifecycle from order inception, entry, and all the way to invoice creation.
· Manage EDI process from onboarding, testing, and initial transmission and complete through shipping activities, input manual orders, availability checks, credit checks, and coordinating until invoicing.
· Manage the release of orders to the distribution centers to ensure timely delivery.
· Supporting and coordinating all necessary documentation for Account managers and customers.
· Resolve incoming inquiries and record customer complaints.
· Follow up with multiple distribution centers regarding orders, deliveries, and stock checks.
· Ensure efficient and correct flow of information between the supply chain, sales, and customers.
· Develop strong relationships with cross-functional departments that support the order flow and allocation process.
· Collaborates with sales leaders to monitor and improve key performance indicators related to service levels and shipping efficiencies.
· Tracks and maximizes order to deliver key performance indicators.
· Establishes ad hoc dashboards to share with internal stakeholders (Supply Chain, Business Planning, Finance, Distribution centers).
· Coordinates and performs tasks related to order management ensuring quick turnaround – including writing and submitting orders, monitoring order allocation and fill rates, and updating customer profiles and assortments.
· Ensures best service level from receipt of orders for processing, and allocation, to troubleshooting needed after receipt of deliveries to customers.
· Acts as the project manager on NPI activities as a bridge between Sales – Product/Marketing and Supply Chain.
· Tracks past and future orders, updates all Account Managers, Customers, and Business Planners, identifies opportunities, and makes recommendations.
· Attends and assists at customer meetings, VEE/VEW, new product showings, client headquarters, etc.
· Team management – Help with onboarding and training for new coordinators to perform the daily functions needed to support the business.
· Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or related field
· 1+ years of experience in sales, or sales support role, with experience interfacing directly with customers
· Data specialist: Analysis (Access, Excel, BO), summarizing (pivot tables, charts, slides, and written explanation)
• 2+ years of experience with Sales operations or planning
• SAP Sales and Distribution knowledge
• Supply knowledge and EDI
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written