Position Type: W2 Contract (Full Time) **NO C2C/C2H**
Location: Nashville, TN -OR- Tampa, FL (HYBRID position: 2-3 days per week onsite in our client's Nashville OR Tampa offices, remainder of week remote)
Length of Assignment: 6 Months
Start Date: ASAP
Pay Rate: $55 to $65 per hour
SUMMARY: The Software QA Engineer is responsible for the Functional, Regression Testing, and Integration Testing of our client's software applications. He/she is responsible for designing test plans, test scenarios, and the creation and execution of test cases. He/she will develop and maintain test scripts, analyze bugs and interact with our client's development team members in fixing defects.
- Writing detailed and accurate test cases, test scripts, and test results.
- Identify impact of new functionalities and make automation enhancements.
- Document and track defects to closure.
- Collaborate with different teams to understand automation needs and implement the same.
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Engineering/Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 -10 years of applications development experience in a fast-paced web project leveraging above mentioned technologies.
- Understanding of methodologies and delivery of business software solutions with experience in the various SDLC methodologies and working with a DevOps mindset.
- 5 - 10 years’ experience as a Software Quality Engineer/Test Engineer/Test Analyst.
- Extensive experience performing hands-on testing (both script based and exploratory).
- Experience in testing Microsoft platform upgrade – platform compatibility testing.
- Experience with SQL and data retrieval from a relational database is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of VSTS, Basic knowledge on MTM (Microsoft Test Management Tool).
- Very good understanding of various SDLC processes, including agile development and testing.
- Self-motivated and able to take ownership of assigned work.
- Knowledge in automation tools such as Selenium with C#; API testing using Postman\Fiddler is desired.
- Knowledge on Azure PAAS is desired.
- Ability to create complex SQL queries for use in validation and test data setup (Microsoft SQL, Transact-SQL (T-SQL), Stored Procedures).
- Understanding of Software and Web technologies which includes .net, Java Script, HTML, SQL, XML, SOAP, ADO and Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
- Experience with API testing using tools such as postman, APIM, Swagger, REST API, or similar.
- Demonstrate working understanding of the Agile/SAFe Methodologies and defect management process.
- Demonstrate working understanding of Database testing skills like writing simple queries to validate the data.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, self-motivated, problem solver, willingness to learn.
- Should have strong balance of technical and a proven history of good work across large scale applications.
- Strong communication skills regarding technical topics and remote collaboration skills are critical to this role.
- Application Development Tool – Visual Studio 2015 / 2017
- Web Server – Internet Information Server
- Web Standards – HTML 5, CSS 3
- Automated Unit Test Methods (C#) – QUNIT, MOQ
- Automated Unit Test Methods (UI) – Selenium, Karma / Jasmine
- Source Code Management (Integration and Deployment) – Visual Studio Team System
- Authentication Platform – Azure AD
- Development Methodology: Agile/Scrum
- Technical Environment: Windows 10, Office 2016 and above, SQL Express 2016, c #, Azure