Our client is growing rapidly and expanding their solar design team. Their ideal candidate will have significant experience, and/or be very familiar with CAD, Helioscope, PVSyst, GIS data, and SketchUP. They are headquartered in Boulder, CO with additional offices in Boston, MA and Oakland, CA. It is desirable to hire a Solar Designer in one of these main locations, however we encourage any highly skilled and experienced designer from any US location to apply!
What You Will Do:
- Work in a team environment designing Ground Mount, Canopy, Rooftop Solar, and Battery Storage projects
- Communicate and collaborate with both development and engineering to optimize designs based on incentives, local regulations, and environmental restrictions
- Create initial concept designs working with Helioscope, PVsyst and CAD to estimate plant production
- Draw 1/3 line diagrams and permit/construction drawing packages
- Travel to specific locations as needed
What You Bring:
- 2 Years of designing 1-6 MW of Ground Mount and C&I Rooftop Solar
- NABCEP Design Professional Certification a plus
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, PVCAD/PVComplete and Helioscope
- PVSyst knowledge a plus
- 3 Years of Auto CAD experience (Certification Preferred)
- Familiarity with Building and Electrical Codes
- Ability to develop and implement CAD standards and workflow
- Owns the upkeep, organization and improvement of CAD templates, drafting standards and other associated CAD tools
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with individuals on the design team to assist in the delivery of a complete project.
- Proficiency reading and understanding electrical one-line diagrams and architectural and civil drawings
What this Opportunity Brings to You:
- Opportunity to play a significant role in transforming the energy industry
- Work alongside a highly experienced team to collaborate with, learn from, and be a part of
- Play a significant role in helping Catalyze evolve, develop and implement CAD standards and workflows
- Receive excellent benefits and growth opportunities
- Work in an environment that is extremely flexible and where your voice, your thoughts, and your ideas will be heard
About Client Company :
Our client is a renewable energy developer and independent power producer (IPP) that partners with medium-to-large commercial and industrial real estate groups. They increase property net income and tenant value with renewable, resilient, and smart energy infrastructure, including solar, storage, electric vehicle charging, and microgrids.
They uniquely enable their customers to use that increased income as a competitive advantage to expand their property portfolios. Their proprietary origination-to-operations platform supports their partners with optimal site identification and acquisition, energy load estimation, system design, project finance, and asset management.