Estimated Length of Assignment: 8-9 months
Schedule: 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week
Pay Range: $30 to $34 per hour
Start Date: ASAP
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for maintaining customer relationships, consulting and supporting our client's mobile workforce, client engagement sites, or other locations as required in a 24 x 7 environment. The Tech Support Specialist must possess a technical background solving problems with laptops, printers, software and mobile devices along with superb customer service skills, outstanding communications skills and the ability to create and deliver training related presentations to the user community. This position will also assist the technology infrastructure and application development teams in the deployment and configuration of IT systems, as well as the tracking and procurement of IT assets. Responsible for performing risk and compliance activities.
- Provides tier 2 remote PC hardware and software deployment and support.
- Provides asset management and tracking of hardware and software.
- Assists infrastructure teams where local hands on activities are required.
- Provides Mobile Device deployment and support; activities include customer guidance and recommendations, activation, account modifications, configuration, testing, problem identification and resolution.
- Promotes ITS services, engage customers to understand business needs and maintains ownership for problem resolution. May deliver monthly technology updates to enhance the customer relationship.
- Provides one on one and group training for peers and customers. This may include trainings on new employee orientation, new technologies, hardware/software and process changes. Participates in certification and impromptu training to learn new technologies that are applied within the client's environment.
- Documents problems and resolutions for knowledge bases, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) vendors, and service tickets. Adheres to policy and service level targets through accurate recording of service activities, asset transactions, data retention and PC compliance activities.
- Performs password resets and workstation management in Active Directory
- Responsible for executing the technical aspects of security, risk and compliance activities, which may include backup compliance, antivirus & malware protection, device encryption, mobile device management enrollment and status reporting.
- Execute data retention and archival activities that include, but not limited to media collection, preservation, and destruction. Works directly with the Cybersecurity, eDiscovery and the Office of General Council in response to matters of litigation.
- Supports and provides training for Audio/Video Conference equipment throughout the office. This may include various projection equipment, television/cable systems and support of video conference systems.
- Performs equipment recycling of technology equipment and processing of warranty replacements.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience providing technical support within a corporate IT department
- Possessing superior customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience providing MS Teams application support
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (preferred)