The Technical Support Specialist will be reporting to the Technical Support Team Lead. You will be providing technical support to customers/end users, Sales Channel, and Product Management Teams. The area of technical support includes but is not limited to, Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), 3 Phase Power, Control System wiring, and Communications.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical support via phone & email for common problems related to the application of LV (Low Voltage) Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs). This includes but isn't limited to assisting customers and field techs with commissioning, troubleshooting, and warranty evaluations.
- Analyze problems and initiate effective measures for their solution. Coordinate activities with related groups to most efficiently achieve objectives to ensure customer satisfaction. Participate proactively in contributing feedback to the Quality department regarding product quality issues.
- Execute product warranty while ensuring customer satisfaction and simultaneously achieving cost-control objectives. Provide labor authorization for independent service representatives known as the Drives Authorized Service Contractors (DASCs) to perform troubleshooting and repair work on Drives at customer sites throughout North America. Execute policy to help support Drives that are out of warranty.
- Maintain communication with other departments to stay abreast of product release and up-dates. Maintain technical competence in troubleshooting and repair of Drives.
- Enter each reportable case as applicable in the Salesforce Case Management System. Provide adequate notes in the case for each call.
- Required to provide technical support during the evenings and weekends on a rotating schedule.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- High school diploma/ GED and 4 years of related working experience (Electrical, Technical) or Associate degree in a related field (General Engineering, Technical) and 2 years or working experience or Bachelor degree in a related field (Electrical Engineering, Other Engineering Fields, Electrical) required.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from customers and communicate effectively in English, both verbal and written, is required.
- Have a firm understanding in the principles of electricity. Must be able to apply these principles in the troubleshooting of drives.
- Previous experience troubleshooting a technical product over the phone highly preferred.
- Knowledge or understanding of Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), motors, and/or control system wiring and communication protocols (Modbus, BACnet etc.) highly preferred.