Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: New York, NY 10038
Base Salary Range: $170,000-$200,000+
A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) for our client, a startup hospitality company, will play a crucial role in financial management and reporting. This position will prepare, examine, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting standards. The ideal candidate will quickly be able to adapt to the brand/values/culture of the company and provide an upbeat and positive client/team experience. Because our client currently has a small team, they all wear many hats and are happy to roll up their sleeves and lend a hand whenever needed. Can-do attitudes and respectful, inclusive outlooks are greatly valued and expected of all team members.
- Assist individuals or businesses in minimizing tax liabilities while ensuring adherence to tax laws and regulations.
- Conduct internal or external audits to assess financial controls and compliance with established procedures.
- Analyze financial data to provide insights and recommendations for improving financial performance and efficiency.
- Develop and manage budgets, as well as create financial forecasts to assist in decision-making.
- Identify and mitigate financial risks, advising on strategies to safeguard assets and investments.
- Offer financial advice and solutions to clients, helping them achieve their financial goals and objectives.
- Stay up to date with changes in accounting standards, tax laws, and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Maintain accurate financial records and documentation to facilitate financial transactions and reporting.
- Work with other professionals, such as auditors, financial analysts, and tax experts, to ensure comprehensive financial services.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting (or a related field) is required. Many CPAs also hold a Master's degree.
- Experience working at any of the Big Four firms (Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Ernst & Young, and/or KPMG).
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), which requires passing the CPA exam and meeting state-specific licensing requirements.
- 10 to 12 years of experience in Accounting & Finance, with progression to more complex roles.
- Proficiency in financial analysis and the ability to interpret complex data.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are crucial in financial reporting and auditing.
- A deep understanding of tax codes and regulations, especially for CPAs involved in tax planning.
- Effective communication with clients, colleagues, and regulatory authorities.
- Adherence to professional and ethical standards, including confidentiality and integrity.
- Familiarity with accounting software and tools, such as QuickBooks, Excel, and ERP systems.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and staying current with industry changes.
- The ability to identify financial issues and develop solutions.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines and handle multiple clients or projects simultaneously.
- Health Insurance plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity & Paternity)
- Free food & snacks
- Training & Development opportunities
- Team Member Referral Program ($250 for any referral if your referral stays for 3 months)