Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Andover, MA (HYBRID, minimum of 2 days in the office per week)
POSITION OVERVIEW: Our client, an impressive restaurant investment firm operating top brands in the industry, is seeking an outstanding finance professional with a solid foundation in financial modeling, strong Excel skills, and an entrepreneurial mindset with a desire to learn and be challenged. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced company (with a start-up atmosphere) offering significant growth potential for the right candidate.
- Maintain, modify, and enhance existing financial models, and build new ones as needed
- Perform variance analysis comparing actual results to budgets/forecasts and prior year results for internal reporting
- Partner with other Accounting functional areas to investigate variances and solve problems
- Serve as business partner to various departments to develop and provide financial analysis, insights, and decision support
- Prepare recurring and ad-hoc reports, presentations, and other documentation as required by all levels of management
- Manage AP approval process, ensuring tight control on expenses
- Ensure compliance with established internal controls, policies and procedures, and established business processes and suggest areas for process improvement
- Work closely with leadership team on analysis of results, key areas of immediate focus, and defining strategic initiatives
- Lead strategic finance initiatives such as developing labor and COGS optimization, new store openings, assisting with marketing investments, and optimizing expense and saving margins
- Collaborate with equivalent roles within client's portfolio companies to share best practices and learn from each other
- Assist heavily in onboarding of client's new portfolio brands. Assist in due diligence and modeling pre-deal, and then lead implementation projects for financial processes in those brands.
- At least 3 years experience in a FP&A role
- Must be an advanced Excel user with in-depth knowledge of advanced formulas and model structuring
- Must have strong communication, presentation, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with desire to learn and be challenged
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization through various forms (oral presentation, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment and independently
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy