Job Title: Full Charge Bookkeeper / Accountant
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Hamilton NJ - 100% onsite
A local, and e-commerce music store that curates the finest selection of instruments and accessories. They have been selling and servicing musical instruments for over 60 years.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Accountant/Full Charge Bookkeeper for an in-person position located in Hamilton, NJ. The ideal candidate has financial and administrative experience with a positive, fun attitude. Looking for candidates who possess excellent attention to detail. An outgoing and friendly personality is vital, as well as the ability to multi-task and remain organized. This role requires that you be extremely detail-oriented and focused on accuracy.
This position would suit a full-charge bookkeeper with 5+ years of experience, experience as an assistant controller, experience with in-depth knowledge of e-commerce sales (Shopify, Amazon, etc.), and someone who is looking for a new challenge.
- Works independently in entering transactions from the bank and credit card accounts
- Reconcile all cash and credit cards daily.
- Managing accounts receivable and accounts payable, including preparing check runs for payables.
- Maintain general ledger for various business locations
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations.
- Create and maintain complete and accurate financial records.
- Post and process journal entries.
- Monthly closing of financial statements.
- Monitoring the business’ cash flow and updating the cash forecast weekly.
- Remitting sales and use taxes.
- Prepare monthly reports for management including budgets, financials, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication: You have an excellent command of English. You are concise and accurate. Remarkable ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Extremely detail-oriented (but don’t get lost in the weeds): Your business is the details. As someone who enjoys reconciling numbers, preparing accurate financial reports, and managing cash flow is second nature to you.
- Efficient and practical: As a fast worker, you live by checklists and templates. Rather than reinventing the wheel, you refine what worked before. If you spot improvements, you execute and make it happen, always trying to make the boat go faster.
- Highly organized and systematic: Like an air traffic controller, you might not know how to fly the planes, but you know where they are in the sky and where they’re going. You continually re-prioritize moving targets without letting anything slip through the cracks. We’re reliant on you to have strong follow-through.
- Tech-savvy: Must have experience working with Microsoft suite of applications including Excel and SharePoint as well as e-commerce platforms Shopify, Amazon, eBay, and Reverb. You can quickly learn the accounting platform we use (AIM).
- Independent: Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within the parameters of instructions given.
- Solution seeker: You can find viable, effective solutions when presented with a problem. Ability to come up with solutions to the table, not just problems.
- Health, vision, and Dental Insurance after 90 days of employment
- 401K eligibility after 1 year of employment
- Life Insurance after 90 days of employment
- PTO accrual of up to 10 days per year for the first year, and 15 days per year after.