Position Type: W2 Contract (Full Time, 40 hours per week, 1st Shift) **NO C2C/C2H**
Location: REMOTE (United States)
Length of Assignment: 3 Months
Start Date: ASAP
Pay Rate: $50 to $55 per hour
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Network Engineer will join a team responsible for the optimization, configuration, and utilization of our client's offices in order to create cost efficiency. They will accomplish this by working with the tool CISCO DNA Spaces to identify the locations of WAPS (Wireless Access Points) in existing offices and add the WAPS to the electrical floor plans within CISCO Prime or DNA Center. This team will use this data to understand the utilization of the current spaces for future determination of needed use and ultimately create cost efficiency.
- CISCO DNA Spaces experience (2+ years)
- CISCO Prime experience (2+ years)
- DNA Center experience (2+ years)
- Familiarity working within IOS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Business Information Systems preferred OR relevant technical training OR equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of Data Networking background.
- 3+ years experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches.
- Understanding and knowledge of WAN technologies with emphasis on MPLS.
- Experience implementing and supporting OSPF and BGP routing protocols.
- Experience in the implementation and support of large campus and Data Center Networks.
- Understanding and knowledge of Cisco's Nexus switching platform.
- Strong understanding of Spanning Tree, VLANs, and TCP, IP.
- Experience supporting Quality of Service (QOS).
- Experience troubleshooting complex LAN and WAN issues.
- Past experience with large network migrations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Able to be a self-starter and work independently.
- A strong team player with experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness and availability to work after normal business hours and willing to travel as necessary.