Job Title: Network Engineer
Type: Contract Assignment
Duration: one year
Start Date: asap
Location: Remote to start
Purpose of Position
Responsible for management and maintenance of the Company’s LAN/WAN environment and computer systems. Participate in the daily upkeep and administration of the Company’s network infrastructure.
Design, plan, implement and maintain the Company’s network infrastructure and architecture.
- Provides on-going management, design, planning, and maintenance of the network infrastructure.
- Develops and manages any related/required infrastructure documentation.
- Participates in the change management meetings for projects related to the infrastructure.
- Advises on and helps design new build outs and refreshes of the infrastructure.
- Develops and conducts testing procedures for new infrastructure projects as required.
- Conducts assessments of the infrastructure as needed.
- Responsible for recommending and implementing IP and load balancing best practices.
- Work together with technical leads to support and implement the business needs.
- Performs weekly status reporting.
- 24/7 monitoring of network and security infrastructure.
- Responsible for helping identify opportunities to reduce or eliminate downtime.
- Through on-going activities, helps mitigate consequences of downtime (revenue, legal exposure) to the enterprise network.
- Helps to reduce productivity loss for the IP Infrastructure.
- Enhances skill sets and experience of IP Architectural & Design.
- Provisions devices and connects those devices to the infrastructure based on company procedures.
- Design and Implementation services for IP Layer 4-7 load balancing systems.
- Supports and implements VPN/Remote Access solutions.
- Supports and maintains firewall devices, performs log analysis and reporting.
- Microsoft Office (intermediate)
- Windows/Linux OS (proficient)
- Web Filtering (intermediate)
- Load balancing (proficient)
- TCP/IP (advanced)
- Firewall/router/switch management (advanced)
- Decommission/cutovers/migration experience is a plus