FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Lynnwood, WA 98037 (HYBRID role; 4 days in-office and 1 day remote each week)
Company Overview: Our leading client, a company that provides Tool Design, Engineering, and Design/Build services to the Aerospace and Defense industries, is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join their team. Our client has the widest range of solutions for Aerospace Applications from a single source, from the fabrication of individual components to the final assembly line for both aluminum and composite materials. They offer solutions that include advanced design engineering services, experience in process development, manufacturing, assembly, testing and integration of equipment, tools and integrated systems.
Position Summary: The Mechanical Engineer performs research, design, development, and testing of mechanical products and systems. This is an intermediate level journey engineer, typically requiring a degree and 3-5 years of experience.
- Coordinates and interfaces directly with customers, suppliers, and other entities to ensure that all customer requirements, goals and objectives are fully understood and communicated to leads and designers, checking and structural analysis staff.
- Participates in project status and progress reviews with other departments, senior management and customer and suppliers.
- Coordinates with other design staff and coordinates the efforts of structural analysis and checking groups, fabrication vendors and suppliers as required to ensure that all program requirements, schedules, budgets goals, and objectives are met. Identifies and assesses problem areas and budget or schedule risks and develops necessary solutions and/or work-arounds.
- Communicates pertinent project data and information to project coordinator, including but not limited to tool information, schedules, work order numbers, notification of milestones, and/or final completion, data transfer, and other customer commitments
- Ensures adherence to proper CAD data management policies and procedures
- Responsible and accountable for design integrity and the quality assurance of documentation of all designs for which he or she is assigned
- Operates within fabrication and design budgets while calling attention to areas of improvement
- Is diligent to identify and define out-of-scope tasks and obtains proper budget authority from project management or senior management prior to proceeding
- Practices thorough records-keeping and actively maintains project notebooks
- Refrains from any conduct that might be considered by others to be offensive, abusive, or discriminatory
- Actively promotes economical use of resources including labor, materials, facilities and utilities
- Ensures the maintenance of clean and orderly work areas and prevents the accumulation of unnecessary paperwork, documentation, files, etc.
- Comply with company policies and meet performance expectations established by your supervisor
- Proficient with personal computers, project management and scheduling software, presentation software and word processing and software. Specifically Microsoft Project, Microsoft Power Point and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be a skilled operator of V5 or V6 CATIA software (V6 preferred). Other CAD experience such as AutoCAD or Unigraphics is desirable but not required
- When applicable, must be able to perform stress analysis using hand calculations, NASTRAN AND STAAD
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including the ability to see, hear, and speak clear
- Ability to effectively work without conflict with other departments, subordinates, management, and customer and supplier representatives.
- Function effectively in a diverse working environment and practice a participative approach to all assigned tasks
- Must possess good analytical and deductive reasoning abilities and memory skills. Must be highly organized, thorough, and possess and practice good record keeping skills
- Ability to prepare and formally present concepts, progress and status of projects to management and customers
- Effectively communicates information and project data to team members, management, and customers and suppliers
Education & Experience:
- Engineering degree and knowledge of engineering principles, concepts and practices gained through a combination of engineering courses and on-the-job experience.
- Minimum of one year working experience in a related tool engineering environment; 3 to 7 years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Majority of work experience must be directly related to the design, tooling, manufacturing, and final assembly of aircraft or other flight vehicles.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Sufficiently mobile to conduct business throughout company and customer facilities, including aircraft final assembly tooling and facilities. Must be able to travel, by car and air, extensively if necessary
- Able to work, at the company or customer facilities, in excess of eight hours per day or 40 hours per week on a second shift and/or weekends if necessary